Tuesday 13 January 2009

Shout outs, and a book challenge.

A shorter blog today! Firstly, I want to give two shout outs.

1) To the book SteamPotVille, by Steve Ouch. I met Steve on Twitter, and I saw the link to his book. It's aimed at children, and it's amazing, really lovely and all done by Steve himself, which to be honest makes it all even more incredible. As soon as I get some money, it's first on my list of books to buy, and as soon as I do, I'll review it. Check it out here.

2) This guy, WedgeMania has set himself a New Years resolution similar to me. He intends to read 52 books (that's one book a week for all you maths buffs!) this year, and to step things up a bit, he's sharing it with you all on YouTube! He has a great taste in books, gives you handy hints on Beadle-y deals, and is already on his second book (he's beating me, and he's got exams to do!). So go check him out, and give him all the views he deserves!

Finally, this may, at the moment, anyway, be a bit impractical, but I'm thinking of doing a series of reading challenges next month, and it's entirely up to you what I read. If I get one or two books suggested, I'll just do them both, if I get a fair few, then I'll get some sort of a poll up and I'll decide which ones to do, but yeah - Suggest those challenges!

Rate, comment, and follow me, and go check out Steve's book and WedgeMania's project!

xo
gb

No comments:

Post a Comment