Tuesday 6 January 2009

Post the First

Hi!

My name is Giles Baggott, for those of you that don't know me, and I do nothing. I have a part time job, and I'm applying for uni, but I spend most of my time in bed watching films. I have 75 films, and 4 sitcoms. I also have over 300 books, yet I never read any of them, despite describing myself as 'an avid reader' on both my CV and Personal Statement.
So I figured that as 2009 seems to be the year of change, I decided that this year was the year to watch less, and read more.

Over the coming year, I will endeavour to read with increasing regularity, and I will try to continue to come up with new ways to do this, and challenge myself along the way. At some point I'm planning to go at least one month without any televised media, and I'm hoping to find someway to help reduce WorldSuck through reading.

However, this shouldn't just be about me.. Join in! Some of you I'm sure are already going through books at a ridiculous pace, but if you feel you could read more, read along with me! I'll be keeping you updated with which books I'm reading, and if you email me at g-baggott@hotmail.com, I'll be sure to give you a mention!

Please follow, comment, and rate. I'm not sure if it helps my popularity, but it can't hurt. Please also feel free to pass on to your friends.

Hope to hear from a few of you soon!

xo
gb

No comments:

Post a Comment